Monday, October 18, 2010

The Marathon Challenge

On the 17th of April 2011 I will be running the London Marathon. According to the website that means I have 5 months, 29 days and 19 hours to prepare. 


I like running, but I'm a lazy runner. My half marathon time hovers around the 2:18 mark - making me a plodder. If I got my butt in gear and cranked up the effort I guess I could do a sub 2 hours. We'll see if that happens or not. 


For my last half marathon last week I only managed 5 training runs in the month preceding it, which was piss poor and made the run a bit more uncomfortable than it should have been. This blog will hopefully motivate me so that the same thing doesn't happen for the Marathon, because even I can see that winging 26 odd miles would be a rather stupid thing to do. 


I'll let you know how I get on. Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment