Wednesday, March 23, 2011

SPEED WORK AND PELICANS

Speed training this morning wasn't something I was looking forward to. My legs were super tight and if I'm honest a bit wobbly - as I walked down the stairs I was half thinking of jacking it in and going back to bed. No matter how much I sleep I am still tired. But the important thing is that I didn't. 


I met my Dad and we set off down Piccadilly, dropping down into Green Park and then to St James' Park for 8 x Yasso 800's with 400 metres recoveries. The first three weren't THAT bad, but the last three were not nice, although funnily enough I found a massive burst of speed for the last 80 metres of the last 800. A slow two mile jog home and by 8.30 ish 10 miles were in the bag. 


All that and the pelicans were out. Each lap was definitely made easier by the knowledge that I'd be seeing pelicans again soon. Let's hope the killer pelican wasn't about 



No comments:

Post a Comment