Friday, February 25, 2011

Do You Foam Roll?

Foam rolling is so in right now. Five years ago I can't remember even seeing a foam roller in a gym - now they're everywhere. I am always being told to foam roll every day for about 20 minutes. I manage about 5, or perhaps 10 minutes on sore days. Today I think I'll surpass that easily, because my legs are in pain. 


This is 'the grid' an special evil form of foam roller, the ridging and nodules give different intensity massage to your IT band, hamstrings etc. It's painful, but your legs do feel lighter afterwards. You can buy it from Amazon, although I think I picked up mine from Runner's Need in Holborn. 




It is now 48 hours since my personal training session and my body, well my legs, still feel like they have been hit by a truck. I know my PT sessions challenge me, but sometimes I do feel that they impact on my ability to train - there is no way I could have run yesterday, and I know that 9 miles today (1 mile warm up, 7 miles marathon pace, 1 mile cool down) will be at least twice as tough as normal because of how much my leg muscles hurt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment