Friday, February 4, 2011

New York Run

Last Monday I ran my longest run since the Royal Parks Half Marathon in October, and my longest ever run in normal training. There will be many more of these as I increase my mileage steadily from now on until April. 


I ran twice around the Central Park outer loop - the loop is 6.03 miles in total, so 12 + miles and also the run to and from my New York hotel. Running that far is not exactly a breeze for me yet, especially when it's -5 and there's snow and black ice everywhere. But still, I managed it. I was tired for the last two miles, but I held up well and kept to a pretty comfortable 9 min mile pace for the first 8 miles...I slowed down to about 11 when I was more fatigued and the cold started to set in (the water in my Camelbak FROZE as I ran). By the time I got back to my hotel room I was so cold I had to pile the duvet and cushions over me and shivered for a good half an hour uncontrollably. 






With an overnight flight back home, a personal training session and a 7 mile run on Thursday night, I'm pretty beat right now. Slightly dreading the state I'll be in very soon when the runs are up to 18 - 20 miles. How do people find the energy? 

No comments:

Post a Comment